- Frost, Amanda. “Can Consumers Be Smart Health-Care Shoppers?”, Wall Street Journal. April 11, 2017.
- Olen, Helaine. “A Failed Cure for Health Care Costs”, Slate. January 1, 2017.
- Murphy, Brooke. “Health Affairs: NJ out-of-network rate cap would impact very few hospitals.” Becker’s Hospital Review. December 6, 2016.
- Mangan, Dan. “Health-care spending increased at faster pace in ’15 as prices rose.” CNBC. November 23, 2016.
- Snowbeck, Christopher. “Study finds trade-offs for health plans with big deductibles.” Minnesota Star Tribune. September 13, 2016.
- Rodriguez, Carmen Heredia. “As Childhood Diabetes Rates Rise, So Do Costs — And Families Feel the Pinch: Study.” Kaiser Health News. June 20, 2016.
- Abelson, Reed. “Online Tools to Shop for Doctors Snag on Health Care’s Complexity.” New York Times. June 16, 2016.
- Burns, Joseph. “Researchers Mining HCCI Trove of Private Payer Data for Pricing Insights.” Managed Care. June 15, 2016.
- Leonard, Kimberly. “Cost for Kids’ Medical Care Increasing.” U.S. News & World Reports. May 16, 2016.
- Johnson, Carolyn Y. “How a tool to help patients save on health care backfired.” Washington Post. May 3, 2016.
- Salisbury, Ian. “It’s Absurd How Much Prices for Common Medical Services Can Vary.“ Money Magazine. April 29, 2016.
- O’Donnell, Jayne. “Huge health care price differences even within same area, by state.” USA Today. April 29, 2016.
- Feyman, Yevgeniy. “Don’t Be Fooled: Patients Can Shop For Healthcare.” Forbes. March 18, 2016.
- Andrews, Michelle. “Consumer Choice Doesn’t Significantly Lower Healthcare Spending: Study.” Kaiser Health News. March 4, 2016.
- Evans, Melanie. “Why patients who shop by price aren’t going to slow healthcare spending.” Modern Healthcare. March 2, 2016.
HCCI Releases Price Data on Local Health Care Markets Across the Country
New Tool Allows for Local and National Comparisons of Price to Assess Market “Health” Washington, D.C., April 26,2017 – A new interactive mapping tool and accompanying issue brief, released today by the Health Care Cost Institute (HCCI) with support from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, illuminates the dramatic variation in prices for different categories of medical services… Read more »
HCCI Announces Inaugural Health Economics Research Scholars Program: Pfizer Inc. Signs on as First Corporate Sponsor
Washington, DC, April 14, 2017 – The Health Care Cost Institute (HCCI) today announced the launch of its Health Economics Research Scholars Program and its first sponsor – Pfizer Inc. The program, which allows HCCI to expand its research activities, is designed to accelerate HCCI’s independent research agenda and will focus on four key areas: the… Read more »