Media Advisory: Leading Health Care Researchers to Announce Major New Health Care Initiative on Sept. 20, 2011
Washington, DC – On Tuesday, September 20, 2011, a panel of leading health care experts and researchers will make a major announcement about a transformative new project on health care costs and utilization. The panel will reveal details of the initiative and discuss how it will help develop new solutions to long-term problems confronting the U.S. health care system.
WHO: A group of health care experts and researchers including:
- Dr. Mark B. McClellan, Director of the Engelberg Center for Health Care Reform, Senior Fellow in Economic Studies and Leonard D. Schaeffer Director’s Chair in Health Policy Studies at the Brookings Institution.
- Dr. Martin Gaynor, the E.J. Barone Professor of Economics and Health Policy at Carnegie Mellon University, Heinz College.
- Dr. Harvey V. Fineberg, President of the Institute of Medicine.
- Dale H. Yamamoto, President of the Conference of Consulting Actuaries.
- Dr. Stephen T. Parente, Insurance Industry Professor of Health Finance and Insurance in the Department of Finance in the Carlson School of Management at University of Minnesota.
WHAT: Announcement and discussion of a national health research initiative on understanding health care costs and utilization.
WHEN: 11:30am, September 20, 2011
WHERE: Brookings Institution
1775 Massachusetts Ave NW
Washington DC 20036
Space is limited. To RSVP, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.