The Healthy Marketplace Index measures the economic performance of health care markets across the country. It gives local policymakers, employers, and providers a benchmark as they work to improve health care value and affordability.
Explore Local Prices Using the Map:
- See how health care prices for inpatient, outpatient, and physician services in your local market stack up against a national average
- Understand how local prices for inpatient, outpatient, and physician services have changed over time
- Compare prices in your market to prices in other communities across the country
A price index greater than 1.0 indicates higher-than-average prices. A price index less than 1.0 indicates lower-than-average prices.
Read the Issue Briefs:
- Medical Service Category Price Index
- Hospital Concentration Index
- Medical Treatment Indices–Part 1:Spending and Price
- Medical Treatment Indices–Part 2: Intensity and Utilization
The Healthy Marketplace Index was developed with a grant from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.